Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year!


As per usual, we here at the Button Haus have been too busy to blog...but that's ok! The result is a plethora of new dolls and soon, new holiday merch!!! This season, as with last, my mom has been indispensable! Everytime I cut out a batch of dolls, I get so ambitious, I inevitably bite off more than I can chew...thank goodness for moms who sew! After many late night sewing sweatshop sessions, we were able to complete almost 100 new dolls just in time for the Dia De Los Muertos festivities downtown. Man! What a night! There were SO many people who came by the booth! It was great meeting so many new people and hearing such nice things about the dolls. I had so much fun, I did it again the next day for ArtsWalk! This time I only did one table and about a quarter as many dolls, but again, we met a ton of nice people, found some lovely new homes for some dolls and gave out the last of my business cards!!! That is super exciting! So, rather than rest on my Dia de los Muertos laurels, I am trying to keep the momentum going into the holiday season. So to that end, I have ordered a TON of new cards, am updating the blog, have contacted a few people regarding holiday craft fairs (more on that soon!!!) and made a trip to Joann's for supplies! As with last year, I will be making Christmas ornaments, stockings, and cards, and a few surprise items as well! I can't wait! Stay tuned for updates of where we will be in the upcoming weeks...there has been talks of a Foodtruck Fair, Market Day at UCR, and other such lovely events!You won't want to miss it! Oh, and remember:


No comments:

Post a Comment