Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Patience is a virtue, right?

Things are getting rolling!!! After much deliberation, procrastination, and just plain old bad time management, I am finally getting this here blog a’goin’! Soon, I will have emailed all my mail list peoples and shortly (hopefully) after that, we’ll kickstart the Etsy shop!!!

But before all that, there has been much to attend to! There was a two week-long substitute teaching assignment which, although needed very much financially, ate up a LOT of creative time that could have been spent "Button-ing"! I have decided that is the verb I have come up with to describe what I do. There is also a new roommate who we are trying to vacate an office full of stuff to make room for. It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate without even realizing and then have no where to put it! There was a birthday (mine) which had to be celebrated yesterday…and it was! Happy 34 years to me! The day was spent eating, and spa-ing, and eating some more…in between all that I received my business cards (yay!), new logo stamp (double yay!) and bought some ribbon to stamp with my new logo to make tags for the next batch of Button, Button, Who! creations which are just itching to be put together! Such a busy time!!! There is a whole new group of Button, Button, Who! friends who needed cutting out, stitching on and the whole Button, Button treatment, of which we are in the middle of!

I am very excited about this next batch of goodies, because since we are nearing autumn, even though you wouldn’t know it by our over 100 degrees weather lately, I have made quite a few autumnal inspired pieces…maybe if I am really with it, I will be able to put up a few sneak peaks! Until then, I will just have to say that if you are into jewel tones, then there’s something for you…and if you are into Dia de los Muertos, there is something for you…and if you just like plain old cuteness, well then, you are in for a treat! But you will have to be patient! Hopefully they will all be ready for next weeks ArtWalk on September 2. I am planning on setting up outside right next to Back to the Grind again on University so that if anybody is looking for us, you won’t have to look very far! Hope to see y’all then!

2 comments:

  1. Hola Maggie, I get to be your first tag along member. Also if you want me to share backgrounds with buttons on them...let me know.
    I just finished your birthday present, and will post a photo soon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye! I am sorry it took me so long to realize I had a comment! Bad Maggie! I would LOVE any button pics you would like to share with me, and also thanks for the LOVELY birthday gift! So adorable! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete